Indian Institute of Wheat And Barley Research, Karnal
Indian Institute of Wheat and Barley Research (IIWBR) through All India Coordinated Research Project on Wheat and Barley (AICRP) is coordinating the multidisciplinary and multilocational activities of varietal improvement, resource management and crop protection technologies across the diverse ecosystems for increasing and stabilizing the barley production. As a nodal institute. IIWBR was upgraded from Directorate of Wheat Research in the year 2014. The institute actively facilitates planning, exchange of experimental material, monitoring the trial/activities, data compilation and documentation. Since the inception of AICRP in 1965, it has contributed in the release of 420 high yielding wheat varieties comprising bread, durum and dicoccum wheat and 94 high yielding barley varieties comprising feed, food, malt and dual purpose barley suited to different agro-climatic zones of the country. At present 107 scientists from 33 funded centres and more than 20 scientists from various non-funded co-operating centres are carrying out the planned activities of different production conditions of the six agro-ecological zones. In addition to this, as a key component of national steering Committee, the IIWBR plays a crucial role in formulating strategies to ensure sustainable improvement in the productivity of Rice-Wheat System. Adoption of molecular approach to complement conventional wheat improvement programme is one of the recent initiatives taken up by IIWBR through a research network project. Research capabilities and facilities are being strengthened through various network projects to enhance output of competent research centers under AICW & BIP.
- Ensuring food security of India by enhancing the productivity and profitability of wheat and barley on an ecological and economically sustainable basis and making India the world leader in wheat production
- Basic and strategic research on wheat and barley to improve productivity and quality
- Coordination and developmental of crop production and crop protection technologies for sustainable production
- Providing genetic diversity and accelerate the breeding cycle through klonopin 1mg price off-season facilities Surveillance and forewarning for management of rust diseases
- Dissemination of improved technologies, capacity building and development of linkages